- And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and
Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.
- These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth
- And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
- And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his
- And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told
his two brethren without.
- And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their
shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and
their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
- And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto
- And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his
- And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his
- God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
- Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
- Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.
- The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
- And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber.
- And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was
- And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
- And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
- And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
- And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
- And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east.
- These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
- These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.
- These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:
- And Shem lived after he begat Arphaxad five hundred years, and begat sons and daughters.